Thursday, December 13, 2007

Home Visit

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry its been so long since I posted anything. It kind of takes alot out of me when I write and I just haven't had the energy lately. This is going to be really short, I just wanted to ask for prayer. We have our home visit tomorrow from 4pm-6pm. We're feeling really good about it thanks to some wonderful and amazing family and friends who have cleaned and organized our home (cleaning and organizing...not my thing!). However, it is still a bit scary to think of a goverment social worker coming to examine your home and observe the way you live to see if you're fit to be parents. So, we're asking the Lord to keep us calm and relaxed and to remember that Jake and I and our home don't have to be perfect and that God knows what He is doing even when we don't have a single clue. And could you please pray for strength and rest and health for Jake and I. We are overwhelmed and exhausted with waiting, paper work, decisions and home repairs.
We cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support. I'm overwhelmed by God's love and care for us even as I write this and know how many people are loving us through this. I will write more after the home visit and let you all know how it went. Thank you again so much.

1 comment:

The Onsager Family said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys! The expecting and waiting for your child is such a unique part of life and parenthood. Those government workers see all kinds of situations, they are going to look at you guys and wish that all of the homes were like yours. You are going to have one totally lucky and blessed little child!
So much love,
Leslie